Friday, June 29, 2012

مرحبا!

Hey everybody! I'm Avent-Garde, or Holly, and I'm your Friday Blogger!!!!! (Yay TGIF! *EPIC HIGH FIVE HERE*) I'm so excited to do this collab blog and get to know everyone!

Things that are important to know about me:
1. I'm a student of Middle Eastern Historical Linguistics

                      WORD OF THE DAY
                         LINGUISTICS:
                   The science of Languages
   I've studied a multitude of languages including Japanese and Italian. I focus mainly on Hebrew, Farsi, Dari,  and standard Arabic.
!مرحبا من أمريكا
   
2. I'm old school vintage. Like THIS! And This adorable thing :) 
3. I collect tea sets from around the world!
4. Not only am I a student, but I'm a full time Baker at a local Grocery store, or as I like to call it, Prison #77. Oh the stories that come from retail work. :P
This also means that sometimes I work nights. :P
5. My music interest ranges from Marianas Trench to THIS and my favorite. Man, I love the ol' gospel feel in music. :) (I'm 21, not 50, for the record)
6. I like to write, and I LOVE BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7. BUT I LOVE BIKING EVEN MORE!!!!!!!
biking

8. I live near Colorado Springs. Most of you probably heard of the Waldo Canyon Fire that wiped out the West side of the city on Tuesday. (scary stuff! Man, it was like Armageddon down here!)


9.  I am a Christian. Not the "if your a __________ then God hates you and we do too" kind but the, "Dude, God loves ya no matter what you do," kind.

Things I hate:

1. Tornadoes
2. Rude customers
3.......... .......... .........

Yeah, that's about it....

So, I might have just discovered how to put links into a blog post, so I went a little link happy. Give it time, and I'll get over it. I'm long winded as well, but what can you do? I just have a lot to say/show!

Happy Friday!
Avent-Garde

No comments:

Post a Comment