Friday, September 21, 2012

Autumn and family advice


I agree with Erin, Autumn isn't my favorite season either. But I actually like most things about it. It tends to rain here a lot in the fall, and I really like rain. I also love autumn for all its colors, and how fresh and crisp the air feels when it starts to get colder. :) The colder weather is also a perfect excuse to cuddle up and home with some blankets and a cup of hot chocolate. :) Autumn hasn't gotten very far here yet, but I can't wait until the leaves start to change colors! It's so beautiful! Here's a picture I took last year here in Stockholm:






My family is a bit complicated too. Mom and dad got divorced a few years ago, and since then my mom has remarried and my dad has moved in with his girlfriend. That means that all of a sudden my sister and I had step-parents and five new step-siblings to deal with. All of this happened really really quickly after the divorce. I don't know if it'd have been better or worse if we'd been younger when it happened, all I know is that it was really hard when you're in your late teens to suddenly start to view a bunch of people you hardly know as your family. But now a few years later we all get along fine (at least most of the time), and sometimes having stepsiblings has actually been really nice, which is something I never imagined right after the divorce :) So I guess my family advice is that, if your family is facing a major change (like a divorce) and it feels like things will never be okay again, they really will be :) I know how incredibly scary it is when you realize things will never be the same again, but if I could go back in time and give myself some advice, it'd be to give whatever change you're facing a chance to be a good thing. :) At the time of my parents' divorce I just panicked and thought I'd never feel like I had a family again. But that's not what happened at all, and I really wish I'd known that back then.

I hope you all have an amazing weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment