Friday, September 7, 2012

Hidden in Plain Sight

if you could have one superpower, what would it be and why? How would you use it? :)

Pinned Image

Best. Question. EVER!

I've given this some thought in the past and my top powers have always been force field, perception manipulation, time travel, or the ability to see an objects history by touching it.

After deep thought I have eliminated Time Travel, because it's just too complicated and no one ever believes what you tell them about the future anyway. I'll leave it to the Time Lords. Also, not the ability to see an objects history, while cool, it won't bounce bullets off of you in an epic gang war. Nor do I want to know it a lego had previously been up a childs nose or if the cook spit into my food.

Force field would be awesome! Except when you run out of energy, and the bullets finally get through, or you can't contain a bomb.

Final answer would be PERCEPTION MANIPULATION. It's like shapeshifting only you don't have to go through all the pain of stretching your bones and such, so you change everybody else's perception of, well, anything. You could even make the enemy percieve that you have a power like a Force Field and they wouldn't even know.


How would I use this power? Against my Ultimate Enemy of course (every superhero needs a super villian), in this day and age it would be the government (or Sylar, whenever I see a Supervillian now I'm just like, Meh, he's blood hungry, but he's no Sylar). They wouldn't even know I existed. First rule of being a Superhero: Don't let anyone know your a superhero. I would probably find them experimenting on Superman or Wonderwoman, or trying to duplicate Tony Starks brain. Then I would use it to free them all by making people percieve I was a government worker who let them all out. Then the government and the Superhero's will be trying to find some one who doesn't even exist!

Then if the enemy did ever find me, I could just shift the perception and hide somewhere else. I could also hide other people with me, just in case the Secret Lair is found.

 
 
Great questions and awesome answers this week everybody!
May the Force Be With You,
Avent-Garde

No comments:

Post a Comment