Wednesday, September 26, 2012

De-Stressing Tips

Hello everyone! I hope you're having an amazing Wednesday so far, although (depending on what time I post this) you could have just started it or it's already come to an end. :) Either way, I hope today is/was awesome! 

Before I begin, I'd like to say hi to Nicky (hi Nicky!). We'll miss you! 

Whenever I get stressed out from school or too much stuff to do (like when I start neglecting things like cleaning or eating for practicing -- not that I'm doing that now or anything....), there are a few things I do: 

  1. Bite my nails -- This is a terrible habit, and I'm trying to break it! A few days ago I bought some nail polish that's supposed to help you stop biting by making your nails taste HORRIBLE. It's like nail polish remover (x10)! It really works, but sometimes I forget and put my finger to my mouth. Anyway, when I get really stressed I usually bite my nails a lot, so I'm trying to stop. 
  2. Knit -- I think I've said this a few times, but knitting really calms me down and allows me to focus on something else (and it makes pretty things, if done right!). I've been doing TONS of knitting since I started college, because I'm still getting used to everything new. :) It really helps! 
  3. Make Tea -- I like to make tea every once in a while if I'm stressing about something the next day (like a test I need to study for or something). It's something I did a lot last year that really calmed me down and helped me focus.
  4. Listen to Music -- Listening to music is something I do often, and I find that it usually helps me focus and calm down if I'm really stressed. :) For those of you who play musical instruments, I've also found that playing can really help de-stress, as long as your doing it for fun! 





Something like this!


One of the things I've learned this year that has really helped me is that every night I've been writing down everything I need to do the next day, and then fitting it in to a schedule. It may sound a little obsessive (it probably is), but writing it down helps me stop thinking about it when I'm trying to do other things (like sleep). Also, if I have it scheduled in I'm more likely to practice or study or eat at the right time instead of blowing it off for something else. :) That, in turn, makes me less stressed because I'm better at getting things done! 

I'm going to post this because I need to go to work in 15 minutes, but I've had a lot of fun reading your post Erin, and I can't wait to read everyone else's soon!

Sarah :) 











No comments:

Post a Comment