Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Choice overload

Hey y'all!

First off Nicky I hope you are feeling better and your recipe sounds delicious!

Next I did not get the time to write this blog like I wanted to (there were going to be pictures) because of a thing called Restaurant Week in this blessed city (not a big fan) and because it has been going on for five days and five more days to go (my out look is bleak) I have already had sort of a fail puppy day.

However!!!! I am still giving you a list because as soon as my fellow bloggers agreed on this topic I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I MUST PICK?!?!?! I really have a favorite recipe in every department, and in every sub department of pastry and desserts (my major in college and my job). However I believe I have picked three of my favorite Simple (ish) recipes that I love.

1. Chicken and Dumplings (because I REALLY want them right now but I have no time to make them... it is on my to do list for Thursday (may day off)).
  • boil chicken with vegetables until the chicken is done (or you can use cooked chicken and just use chicken stock with water). Generally when the chicken is cooked you can remove the vegetables.
  • roll out biscuits (you can use biscuits out of a can or make biscuit dough yourself) and cut into strips
  • when the chicken and stock are boiling add biscuits strips
  • cook until biscuits are cook fully but not mushy
  • season with salt and pepper
  • ENJOY
2. Blueberry Cinnamon Graham Muffins- they are super delicious and easy to make and SO much better then the muffins out of a betty crocker bag
 You need 18 low fat cinnamon graham crackers finely crushed
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1 egg
 cup of milk
2/3 cup blueberries   Mix the dry together and beat the eggs with the milk. Add dry mixture to the liquid and mix until combined and stir in blueberries.Spoon into 12 paper lined muffin tins and bake for 18-20 minutes at 350 F

3. Lemon curd- I tend to geek out when I make this just because I like the science behind baking and I like to watch the eggs thicken the mixture and it is JUST SO COOL ( I am sorry  I really want this to be better but I have a headache and I am tired and ... my day has pretty much sucked and ... ok yeah I am sorry lets us continue)
egg yolks 4 oz
sugar 6 oz
lemon juice 4 oz
lemon zest .5 oz
butter, softened 4 oz
(just got sick so I am going t o wrap this up and make a mention in my next post)
Mix the first for in a bowl and cook over a pot of boiling water until it has thickened or reached 170F

Sorry this is ending shortly and a rather sucky post but I figured no post was worse and I would like to be able to pull the weight of one post a week...

DFTBA

Sarah Phillipa and Holly look forward to all of your favorite recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment