Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Love, hate, dark and twisted :D


Howdy everybody!!



(I am going to attempt to make this my most put together blog yet… fingers crossed because all of mine up until this point (especially the last one) has felt very disorganized to me.)



Nicky I look forward to picking up the first book in your series, it sounds very interesting.



My favorite book, well I have more than one. I eventually had to break down the books into other categories to have favorites in, because I cannot just pick one book. However the book I will share my love for must definitely be Wuthering Heights written by Emily Bronte! It is not an unknown book which I could educate everyone one but it is a great classic.



Now I will admit I probably would have not picked up the book if I did not have to read it for school because I read Emily’s sister’s book Jane Eyre that I repulsively hated (no offence to anyone who likes the book I just cannot stand it). However I took and extreme liking to Emily’s book.



As I said my other posts have been SO disorganized and I realized (mostly at work) things I really wanted to put in the past posts. Moving forward though as I will try not to go to far into the book (for those of you who have never read the book) , but you need to know I am the most HOPELESS romantic person you will ever know. But the great thing about this book is it is a love story but it is also a hate story, between Heathcliff and Catherine Earnshaw.  One of my favorite quotes in the book is (reading this page I want to type it all)

“You loved me- then what right had you to leave me? What right- answer me- for the poor fancy you felt for Linton? Because misery, and degradation, and death, and nothing that God or satan could inflict would have parted us, you, of your own will did it...”



The whole story is twisted and demonic I love it so much. I hope you will give the book a chance even if love stories are not your thing, because it is not your typical love story, it is actually quite sad. And on another hand entirely I am throwing a fit the entire time of the actions of the characters (and yes I know I get far to emotionally involved in the book). If you do not like the book I would love to hear why. The debate tends to make for wonderful conversation!



DFTBA!!!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment