Monday, July 9, 2012

Pet peeves, geekiness, and my mum

Avent, although I don't quite have the Arabic alphabet stuck in my head, I am convinced you need a t-shirt that says 'Bakery Girl To The Rescue!' That most definitely needs to be a thing.

So anyways, this week we're gonna talk about pet peeves and something we love, subtly hinted at in my title. Given the day I've had, I guess it'll be best to start with my...

Pet Peeves

Now, I'm the first to admit, I'm not perfect, and I have a lot of pet peeves, including:

  • People moving my stuff
  • People touching my stuff
  • People telling me my organisation sucks
  • People being right about the above point
  • People touching my hair
  • People slamming doors
  • Baked beans
But the biggest one, without a doubt, is an unanswered phone. It's almost as bad as Navi from Legend of Zelda.

Okay, maybe not quite as bad...


I think part of the problem is that it's such a drilling sound; repetitive and loud, even when turned down.

It's especially bad in an office around 3 when NO-ONE answers the phone. Seriously, don't ring the office after 3. The receptionist goes home and no-one answers the phone til the last minute.

Geekiness

Rant over, lets talk about something I love :D. Since it's far too easy (and mushy) to talk about my mum, I'm gonna talk about how much I love geekiness.

Geekiness brings me soooooooooooo much joy. Being a geek to me means little in-jokes you share with a massive community (The cake is a lie!), finding the strangest things hilarious, and of course, Nyan cat.

How does watching this NOT fill you with joy??
And of course, with geekiness, I would never have found Nerdfighteria, and without that, I wouldn't be on this blog.

Also, Joel McHale.



Can't wait to see what you guys post :D

No comments:

Post a Comment