Thursday, July 12, 2012

FAILURE!!!! Pet peeves and loving somethings

Hello everyone! My internet went out Tuesday morning and was turned back on Wednesday evening (when my awesome boyfriend stayed to meet the cable guy while I was at work.) Then I talked to my lovely fellow bloggers and this is as soon as I can post, hence the failure part of the subject line (after coming home from work and running a few errands). So let us act like it is Tuesday and not some ungodly hour of Friday morning :)

Lets begin like Nicky Sarah and Philippa have (start with the bad and end with the good):

Pet peeves:

Shirt tags sticking out of back of the neck collar (as my boyfriend is reading over the screen and pulls his tag out to mess with me)... I am a little OCD and I don't know what it is about it but it just drives me crazy and I tend to have cold hands so I scare a lot of people when my hand reaches out (I can't stop it) to tuck the tag in.

Know-it-alls being pompous asses- if you know everything on a topic with someone who does not, take pride but there is proud and there is just rude.

Computer/Internet/ Technology Issues- I repel technology and having my Internet or computer not working makes me feel very inadequate.

Being talked down to- Whether it is in a condescending way or because I am uneducated in the matter at hand

Not knowing- either being in the dark with a situation, or not knowing information (my pet peeves do sort of connect a little bit.

And people coming into the restaurant 5 minutes before closing.. REALLY REALLY!!!! It is a fine dinning restaurant why do you want to eat at 11 o'clock at night????

Things I love:

Food!!! I love everything about it. Eating it, cooking it, learning about it. Everything!!! I love the science that is in cooking. How temperature changes the texture, and the taste. How you can add flavors and layers to the food. I love the smell of a kitchen and touching food as you make it (I am a big lover of bread!). I love having flour on my hands. I also love creating my own recipes and especially in the field of specialty baking like gluten free and sugar and allergy free baking.

My boyfriend. Now with this said i do not usually go around flaunting my love life or anything like that, but due to many different back stories and details that would take far to long to type, and the fact that he has calmed me down after work to prevent me from making this a long rant, he makes the list. Not to put down my family or friends but there is a lot to him that  I wont share his life story with the blog but he is a very special person and I am glad I have him.

And to sum up the rest, being a nerd! I love reading, writing, and music. Without my love and obsession for book I never would have found Nerdfighteria and would not be making this blog that I am very excited about writing every week.

DFTBA!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment