Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I'm back in Texas! Yay! Except now I sort of miss Europe. Why does it have to be so much prettier than where I live!? 

Anyway, since I have access to a computer now, hopefully my posts will be better quality, and I'll try to add in pictures and stuff to make them more interesting as well. :) 

Pet Peeves

  1. I'm not sure if this really counts as a pet peeve, but I don't like drinking after people. I'm usually okay with food, as long as it's not something like yogurt, then I can't share because that would be too gross. I know, I'm weird like that. 
  2. When people tailgate me when I'm driving. I go the speed limit, okay? D: 
  3. When people scream really loud close to me. Like in high school when I'm walking down the hallway -- that used to really get on my nerves. Thankfully I'm out of there now!
That's really all I can think of right now! 

Things I Love

I decided to start this post with my pet peeves so I could end it with stuff I really like! 
  • Music. I like both listening to it and playing it. :) Currently, I've been listening to a lot of indie-folk sounding music, but I also really love the band Muse (Matt Bellamy plays the piano like a GOD) and listening to classical music. My favorite composer is Chopin, and I was lucky enough to see his grave when I was in Paris last month (I know, I'm a nerd) which resulted in a lot of music-nerd joy. Once I figure out how to get pictures from my camera to the computer, I will definitely show you guys a picture of it, because it was awesome! I play the piano and French horn, which are awesome in my opinion, and this next semester in college I will be learning how to play stringed instruments and upper woodwinds, which I am very excited about. If you want to hear some of my favorite songs you can click  here, here, and here. I could go on and on about music, but I think that's enough for now!
 I love Chopin Nocturnes!

  • Libraries! Being able to check out as many books as I want for free is one of the best things ever, in my opinion! Summer is the best time to go to the library for me, because I have way more spare time to read. As you can probably tell, I really love books. :) 
  • Knitting. I've been knitting for awhile, but it was mostly scarves, and I've just recently started to learn how to knit hats, which is really cool to me. :D I really love knitting because it's a great stress reliever, plus you end up with really neat-looking (well, usually) scarves/hats/awesomeness that you can either use yourself or give away as presents! Plus, it's really fun to combine different yarn and stitches to make something really neat. I highly recommend that you try it, because it's so much fun!
  • Traveling. As you can probably tell already by my having been in France while I was writing my first few posts, I love to travel! Going new places and experiencing new cultures is really awesome to me. Plus, I really loved the trains in Europe, and I hope that I can go back and ride them again sometime, because that was awesome. :) At some point, I hope I can go to Australia and New Zealand, and maybe China or Japan, because they look cool too!
 
 Going to as many countries in Europe would be awesome too!


That's it for now! Nicky, I really liked your last post, and I can't wait to hear from Philippa and Holly later on this week! :) Sorry for posting so late too!

DFTBA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment