Friday, July 13, 2012

Singing to the Radio and Notebooks

Great posts so far everybody! This week was a little difficult because I had to thing about my Pet Peeves a bit, I don't have them on a list in my head, and I had to greatly narrow the Things I Love so as not to write a novel. :) Anyway, here's what made the lists. :)

PET PEEVE'S

1. Okay, so I am 100% with Nicky in that one of my pet peeves is people moving my things! I am very OCD with my organization and I hate it when some one borrows something and promises that they'll put it back in the right spot, but they don't. Or when they do put it back in the right spot only it's stained with spaghetti or chocolate and they thought you wouldn't notice so they don't tell you. I wouldn't have cared if they just TOLD ME (it adds character)! It's not telling me that reallllllly gets on my nerves.

2. When relatives come over and they feel the need to clean your home or rearrange your furniture! Do I go over to your house and rearrange it? I don't think so.

3. Wesleycat hit the nail on the head when she said tailgaters. If your in such a hurry, just pass me, and get caught by the police. :)

4. People who think I'm a high school drop out just because I work in a grocery store.
    Seriously, I had a dad come in with his daughter the other day talking about how she needed to get A's or she'll end up working in "a place like this". To which I really wanted to tell him that grades were not everything, I graduated high school with a 1.8 (I needed at least a 1.6, I was very proud). Went to Community College, became bi-lingual (SO close to tri-lingual it almost hurts!), and now have a scholarship to attend Grad. School overseas. I work because I need money for things like car insurance, and food.

For the record: THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH WORKING IN A GROCERY STORE FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE! Some people love it, and with out those people, you would have no food. So stop insulting them.

Deep breath.
Rant over.
Moving on.

5. The number one thing I can't stand, is when you're driving in the car with some one and they feel the need to sing along with every. single. song. On the radio. AHHH!!!!!!!! I can understand one or two, there are songs that were made to sing to, but Every. Single. One. Will make me push you out of the moving vehicle, and into high speed traffic. My mother and sister-in-law (whom I like to refer to as Melkor, another story for another time) do this ALL THE TIME!!!!!


Okay, so at first I had a lot of things that I loved, but after reading Phillipa's post I realized they weren't really things I love, but things I liked. so it got me thinking, what would make me sad if it were to leave forever? Sure I like things like Converse, but would I cry if they stopped making such a shoe? no, probably not. So, that is how I came up with the Things I Love. :)

Things I Love

1. Wheat fields.
I've always lived past the city limits, if not on the very edge, and to me wheat fields are more beautiful than snow covered mountains or tropical islands. 


2. Polaroid photo's, especially ones I didn't take. It's like owning a piece of some one else's memories.



3. Notebooks, to record my own stories and ideas. I am the proud owner of two hundred and thirteen notebooks containing fifteen novels, a full television series concept, class notes, and countless sketches. I wrote more in high school than anything else (hence the 1.8). What can I say, I've always had a love for words, and when I ran out of English ones, I went looking for Italian, Japanese, and Arabic ones.



4. Books, but fortunately, that's NEXT WEEKS TOPIC! A whole post on books! (I might write a book just talking about them ;) )

Great posts this week everybody! Can't wait to read your post on Monday Nicky!

Have a Great Weekend and DFTBA!
Avent-Garde

No comments:

Post a Comment