Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Aspirations

I'm getting worse and worse at this time keeping thing.

So this weeks topic, inspired by John Green, is 6 things we aspire to be. And my 6 are:
  1. Creative
  2. Educated
  3. Loving
  4. Financially secure
  5. A passer-on of knowledge
  6. Me, whatever 'me' is
I've spoke about my creativity before, so I don't want to bore you silly with that, financially secure is so obvious its part of Maslow's Hierarchy, and being 'me' can be explained by watching ZeFrank's video 'Being Yourself'. What I do want to talk about because it's probably the only one on the list that not been explained on various other blogs over and over, is point 5.

I didn't say I want to be a teacher, because that isn't the only way to pass on knowledge. I wouldn't mind being a teacher, but at the very least I want to be able to put myself in a position where I am able to pass on knowledge to my peers, my family, anyone. To do that, I have to educated. 

Again, when I say educated I don't necessarily mean lots of degrees (although that would be AWESOME) but I just feel that I am blessed with the capacity to take in knowledge and learn and understand and I'm very aware that not everyone does, even if that number is only a minority. As such, I want to learn everything, which is a root of some problems but that's for another time.

Those 6 points are all equally important, but those two are the ones that are the driving points of my life right now. And to be honest, always will be.

Looking forward to seeing you guy's list!

Nicky

No comments:

Post a Comment