Friday, August 17, 2012

Confidence, is a Shoe

Everyone so far has given great confidence tips!

I had to defer to my friends on this subject, confidence has never really been a huge struggle for me (not to sound arrogant or anything). So I had to sit around and think, why? Why do I not have as much of a problem as most? Answer: Siblings.

I have three siblings, and we use to do all sorts of crazy stuff together, sing in the store, steal bank pens, ductaping the youngest to the wall etc. (but we never stopped when we got older......poor mum) Nothing builds confidence quiet like doing things in a large group. If your doing a speech or performing in a play, invite your friends and family to come see you. Any pressure you felt at performing will greatly decrease if you know some one familiar is watching in the audience.

 One of my friends, Mary, (A.K.A. National debate Finalist) suggested Faking It. even if your not confident, pretend that you are, think about something that your confident in as you give that interview. After a while of faking it, you'll start to realize that you're not faking it anymore.

Confidence Poster
Also, Appearance.  If your going to an interview, whether it be for Nuclear Physics or Cart Pushing, wearing a suite will make you feel more "important." Dress to impress people. When your confident with how you look, people are confident in you. ;) First day of school always makes me a little nervous, so I wear a fitted skirt suite to my classes. Not only do other people think I make more than I actually do and that I have excellent style, but the teachers automatically pick me for a "serious student" (which I am 100%, and only because they didn't see my superhero converse ;) ). First day of school is just like a group interview, take it seriously.

                                                      CONVERSE
                                                Confidence, in a Shoe



Speaking of first day of school.....that was a lot closer than I was expecting.....anyone else have a crazy class load that just makes you want to slam your head into a wall?

TGIF,
Avent-Garde

P.S. Midnight release of Hunger Games has never made me so excited to work at 2:00 in the morning before. :D

1 comment:

  1. I don't have a workload yet since my school starts Monday! But I'll let you know! :P

    ReplyDelete