Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Six Aspirations

I realize this is late, and I hope i don't upset any of my bloggers by posting out of turn and late (again), but I promise I have a great reason... I am still doing it matter of fact. I am baking a wedding cake! In between being a host for my elder sister (who is sleeping on my couch right now) and work... I am a lot of time crunched for everything and so this blog (and my pen pals) are push back. So I am SO SO sorry!!!!

Moving swiftly forward before my cake needs to come out of the oven. My six aspirations in life consist of:

1. To know where to go after I graduate college- I finish college in about 6 months and I will move away from here in about 9 (because of apartment things) and EVERYONE asks me what I am going to... and honestly I know I just want to get away from this city... I hate it, and I have a couple of friends around during school but when I don't have school they are gone... and I miss close to people I am close to but I don't know about my career...

2. Not having my "dance card" full- I am consistently busy. Between work, and trying to fly home next week (I will be able to post and post on time), school, work, a social like (if you could call it that) and just trying to *gets up to rotate cake* maintain my apartment and car, and do all of my obligations... I either feel like a failure or I am exhausted or both.

3. More confidence- Not only was it because of my sister was here and it was the first time using my new used mixer, but this is also my first wedding cake (it is for my cousin) and I am nervous as hell so I put it off not a lot, but with everything else going on it is now crunch time. However I do mean more confidence in every area of my life, relationship, friends, work, school.

4. Learning. I love to learn. I love expanding on my knowledge of food and science, but really if you have something you know a good deal about and you want to talk/teach about it. I am your girl. I love knowledge and cannot get enough of it.

5. Doing something- I want more than anything else (in addition to the others on this list) is to do something with my life so I feel like I didn't live my life for naught. I want to make a difference in the pastry world, it doesn't have to be massive I don't crave to be famous, I just want to make a difference. I want to change at least once person's world and be that special awesome amazing person they can't stop thinking of.. That one might be a stretch but hey I shoot high.

6. I want for feel comfortable... I get very paranoid, and worked up and it kills me when people notice (and it is pretty freaking obvious too). Then in my head I feel like a screw up and I don't feel comfortable. It is a work in process but -shrug- yeah that would be it.

OK that is it for my list! And again I am so sorry to everyone for my tardiness! i tried to post earlier but me and my sister really hit it off (which is kinda odd... our relationship is odd), and we have been running around for a while.

I hope everyone has a great night/ day and other wise!

Best wishes !! (thought that was appropriate since this list was sort of aspired by John Green)

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment