Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Confidence Building....

Hey everyone! Sorry for posting so late (it's like 11:55 where I am.... oops). I just moved in to college, and I'm getting used to everything, but I'll always make time for the blog. :) 

So this week's topic is confidence building tips! Since I've just moved in to college a few days ago, I've been trying to make friends (since I'm once again a lowly freshman :P). Some things I've figured out are: 

  • Don't just stay in your comfort zone. I made a friend here by making myself go and ask if she wanted to go to an ice-breaker event the other night. I think that putting yourself in those situations where you're not completely comfortable will get you used to more different exciting things, and then you won't be as caught off guard the next time and will mostly likely be able to handle it better! Also, what's the worst thing that can happen? Usually it's not as bad as you think! :)
So, that's really it. I just realized that I probably didn't need to make a list but I thought it looked better that way.... 

Another thing you can do (that I have yet to test out) is use nifty jokes to break the ice. Like this awesome little one: 

Question: How much does a polar bear weigh? 

Answer: Enough to BREAK THE ICE! HAHAHAHA!

Okay, so that might be a pick-up line too, but I thought it was cute. :) 

Anyway, it's really late at night and I'm exhausted, so I will say goodnight! And your post was awesome Nicky, and I'm highly anticipating everyone else's posts this week.

DFTBA!





No comments:

Post a Comment