Monday, August 20, 2012

This week on The Colors of Us

Hey Y'all! I know this is early (12:30 am Eastern time) but I figured since I either forget or am always late I would try before I go to bed this time.

So it looks like I the pleasure of introducing the topic for the week. Nicky does it so well! However it looks like it got very busy and I above all people know all about that!! Last week I went home to visit, and that was like a whirl wind.

Anyway disregarding that!! The topic for the week is *drum roll please* The first day of school! The first day of school for college is not very interesting to me, since I now live on my own and all that jazz. However I will go back to the earliest first day of school I can remember at 12:30 in the morning. The first day of High school! (not really sure that deserves an !).

I must say the first day of ninth grade was not that extraordinary because I had already gone to orientation and had my schedule and my sister is three years older than I am so I knew the campus (plus there is only one high school in my town). However as my mother dropped off her "baby girl" and getting pancakes I do believe as a special breakfast. My sister was already at school and she ran up to me from her friends ans said "My baby sister!" and hugged me making good and sure she embarrassed me to any one in ear shot. Then she walked me to my first class and made me give her a hug in front of my teacher... ah big sisters You have to love them (because your parents wont let you kill them).

I remember my classes for the most part but trying to remember the order hurts my head, however I will say, my high school had a "freshman wing" (for what reason I will never know). However I was in advanced placement classes and there for like two of my seven classes were in this wing and I was left running across the school ever class period back and forth and back and forth, while some of my friends had classes right next to each other all day.

Oh dear I just thought of something... this year will be my last first day of school! *odd stabbing feeling in the chest* I am excited I love school and cannot wait to go back. I am taking a lot of new classes that sound so exciting and fascinating to me. Dreading it because this will be my biggest load of  classes ever topping the scales at 23.5 credit hours. Nervous because I have been in school for 17 years. I live on my own already and pay all sorts of bills but still... no school. Wow! The day its self probably wont be remarkably memorable but ... it is the end of an era in my life!

DFTBA!!
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment