Friday, August 24, 2012

It Was the First Day.....

So I had hoped to start this post with a picture of my first day of kindergarten but I couldn't find it. In my desperate search I asked my mother about it and she replied with "Oh, I have them somewhere around here,"......no way, and here I thought they were in the storage facility on Mars. Moms, gotta love 'em.
BUT, let not your hearts be troubled because I did find this picture of me in the Fifth Grade!
I forgot to tell my mother it was picture day.......






Flash Back


It was the first day of Kindergarten, I loved it, until my father forgot to pick me up afterwards.

It was the first day of Middle School, I had one class with my best friend. SCORE!

It was the first day of High School. I shared a Locker with my best friend, and my older sister (senior) super glued it shut. Cute boy with dreadlocks.

It was the first day of College. Thank Heavens.

It was the first day of my Screenwriting degree........wow, college is fun.

It was the first day of my Business degree..... what do you mean it involves math!?!?!?!!!!!!

It was the first day of my Linguistics degree. وأخيرا، أنا أفهم شيئا




I always love the first day of school because you meet all sorts of people who end up becoming your life long friends. Like my Bestie Hannah, we met on the first day of Speech Class, she was reading Percy Jackson and I had just finished City of Bones. It was a perfect match.

I don't start college again until Monday, but I'm super excited!!! I love getting to class early on the first day just to meet people, and then seeing my favorite teachers. (Secretly I also love the hour long drive to school and singing to my favorite songs on the radio :) )

 Afterwards, I reward myself with a coffee. (Okay, so I reward myself with a coffee everyday, but this is a special back to school coffee.)

Then the first week of school passes and ........you come to realize how difficult it's going to be juggling a full time job with three Advanced Language Classes, plus History. That's when you buy a big jar of Green Olives and cry while watching The Dead Poets Society.

 Comic - school year

I hope you all have a great weekend! It was fun reading all your posts this week!
DFTBA,
Avent-Garde

No comments:

Post a Comment