Friday, August 31, 2012

Robin Williams and The Green Hornet!

As I previously stated in my last post, one of my favorite movies of all time is The Dead Poets Society, and it is the only movie that has ever made me cry. Ever. I didn't cry during Bambi, I didn't cry when Boromir died, but I cried at this movie.



Many people believe my favorite movie is the Lord of the Rings, because of my love for Tolkien, (mini rant: Nor are they my favorite books of his, I like The Book of Lost Tales 2 so much better) but in truth my favorite movie is...... the Green Hornet. This, is my sense of humor in a movie. Now, I understand how fans of the radio show were upset about it, but it was so hilarious to me I almost stopped breathing.




I hate Star Wars. I love science fiction and space travel but sitting in front of those movies makes me want to rip my hair out!

Finally, I LOVED the latest Superman movie Superman Returns. Long live the Man of Steel. (Though I'm extremely worried about how the new movie next year, Man of Steel, plays out. I hope it isn't anything as dark as the new Batman Trilogy, but the preview makes it seem that way :(.)






I don't know about you guys, but I don't like when my Comic Book movies reflect real life too closely. I like superhero's because they are a break from real life. which is why I do not, in any form, like the new Batman Trilogy.

OFF TOPIC (Sort of)

NEXT WEEK our topics will be picked by the blogger who comes before us, which means I get to pick for Nicky! YAY! And his topic will be *drum roll* 

 You are sitting at a table that exists outside of time and space; it only contains three seats (not including yours). an evil army is coming to kill you . You must pick three people that are dead or living (one of which can be fictional) to advise you on what to do. Who would those three people be? BONUS POINTS: If you tell us what they would advise.

I know this sounds kind of like a school essay, but I am really am interested in who these people will be, because Nicky is an intriguing person. no pressure.

I loved everybody's posts this week and look forward to using it as future black mail. I am so excited to see what the topics for next week will be and even more excited to read the posts!

DFTBA and TING,
Avent-Garde


No comments:

Post a Comment